MARION COUNTY — Three establishments in Marion County recently received citations for selling alcohol to minors under 21 years old in Marion County.
On Wednesday, January 28, 2015, the Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC), in conjunction with the Illinois State Police District 12, conducted 13 underage compliance checks in Marion County.
Three of the locations visited had previously failed an underage compliance check within the last five years.
The following establishments failed this compliance check:
- • DJ’s Party Supply, 1200 West Main, Salem
- • Legend’s/Denny’s, 1812 West Main, Salem (Prior Offender)
- • Kimmundy General, 106 S. Madison, Kimmundy
The following 10 establishments passed the compliance check by refusing to sell liquor to the ILCC underage participant:
- • Billie Joe’s General Store, 104 Seventh Street, Alma (Prior Offender)
- • Iuka General Store, 7604 U.S. Highway 50, Iuka
- • Jerry’s Pole Barn, 378 State Highway 37, Kell
- • Omega General Store, 6273 Omega Road, Iuka (Prior Offender)
- • Salem IGA, 406 East Main, Salem
- • Circle K #152, 1531 West Main, Salem
- • Salem Bowl/Lud’s Pub, 1620 East Main, Salem
- • Huck’s Food 7 Fuel, 1530 West Main, Salem
- • Jumpin Jimmy’s, 1706 West Main, Salem
- • Casey General Store # 1874, 1203 South Broadway, Salem
The report is a result of ongoing undercover and cooperative law enforcement operations conducted by agents of the Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC), local law enforcement officials and underage participants recruited from area high schools and colleges.
The teams randomly visit liquor stores, restaurants and bars in communities around the state to check for ongoing compliance with state laws mandating that no liquor is sold to minors under 21 years old.