Rural Mt. Vernon woman loses everything in weekend fire

MOUNT VERNON — A rural Mt. Vernon woman lost everything Saturday, when a fire destroyed her North Stratford Road mobile home just northeast of Mt. Vernon.
 
According to Jefferson County rural firefighters, Linda Greyson was not home around 10:30 Saturday morning when they received a call of a fire at her home.
 
Fire was visible through two bedroom windows when firefighters arrived on the scene. While they were able to knock down the fire in the bedroom, it continued burning under the home and came through the floor in multiple other spots.
 
The fire is being blamed on a malfunctioning wood burning stove. Greyson was unable to salvage anything from inside the home, which was uninsured.
 
Firefighters were on the scene about three hours Saturday morning.