CENTRALIA — Several people have been displaced following an early Saturday morning fire caused extensive damage to a Centralia apartment building.
According to Centralia firefighters, a faulty vent fan is believed responsible for the fire to the seven unit building on Eastwood Drive.
Centralia police officers were helping occupants out of the building when firefighters arrived on the scene just before 2:30 a.m.
The Red Cross has responded to provide help to the occupants of the four units on the bottom floor of the building.
Four Centralia firefighters were on duty when the call came in, but 10 additional firefighters were called in to help fight the blaze. They returned to quarters just before 6 a.m.