Centralia firefighters quickly put out apartment fire

CENTRALA — Around 8 o’clock this morning, Centralia City firefighters responded to a reported fire in a vacant apartment unit on South Cherry.

An electrical problem in, or behind a refrigerator was the reported culprit of the fire, which was confined to the kitchen of the one unit, and caused an estimated $20,000 of damage.

Some smoke damage was also reported to the hallway of the building, but none of the other nine units suffered damage.