CENTRALIA — Local fire departments are reminding people that when burning leaves, to stay close until the fire has completely died down and to keep the leaf piles away from buildings and other things that could catch fire, and make sure to keep away from wires as well.
The reminder comes after burning leaves apparently led to a fire Saturday that destroyed the garage at a Centralia residence in the 1500 block of Moonglow Road.
Firefighters with the City of Centralia responded just before 3 p.m. Saturday, with Sandoval firefighters providing mutual aid at the scene and with a tanker truck.
While the garage and its contents were destroyed, some siding on the nearby home melted and three vehicles parked near the garage also sustained heat damage.
Firefighters were on scene for just over an hour. No injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>