Vandalia bridge replacements will result in road closures starting this month

VANDALIA — Bridge replacement projects are scheduled to begin this month in Vandalia and will result in the closure of a couple of key routes in the community for several months.

Work will begin Monday, September 26th two replace two bridges, and will result in 5th Street in Vandalia being closed from Madison Street to Randolph Street, and Randolph Street will be closed from 4th to 5th Streets. These are expected to be closed for several months.

The work is supported in part by a Federal Highways Grant that will pick up 80 percent of the cost of the project, with the city covering the other 20 percent.