CENTRALIA — The Centralia City Fire Department responded to a call Monday of a fire in the dining room of Fireside House nursing home on Martin Luther King Drive and called in all available firefighters.
Upon arrival, however, it was discovered the fire was actually in an outlet of a resident’s room.
The fire had been extinguished by a Fireside House employee before firefighters arrived. Firefighters did work to remove smoke from the affected room.
Nursing home employees had already evacuated the facility after the fire alarm sounded. Several ambulances and SCT buses were on standby if it would have been necessary to transport the residents to another facility.