CENTRALIA — The City of Centralia has announced this year’s spring city wide cleanup event is scheduled for Monday, April 2 through Friday, April 6.
The curbside pickup service is provided by the City of Centralia Public Works Department. Participation is limited to single-family residences, town homes, condominiums and apartments that do not exceed four units per building.
All items need to be placed on the curb by six am on your assigned trash pickup day, even if your trash pickup is in the alley.
Any item no longer than five feet or more than 50 pounds may be left at curbside for pickup with the following exceptions:
- Yard waste, including grass clippings, leaves, brush and tree material
- Household refuse/garbage that should be put out for normal collection
- Large quantities of rocks, concrete and construction materials including roofing materials, siding and lumber (small amounts will be taken, no more than a 5 gallon bucket)
- Tires or cans of paint
- Large automobile parts such as engines and transmissions
- Lawnmowers or small engines which still contain gasoline or oil
- Televisions, radios and computers
- DO NOT mix with trash to be picked up on normal collection days and DO NOT pile items on top of other items. Crews WILL NOT sort through material. If an unapproved item is on top of an approved item, your items will not be collected.
The City is continuing to accept white goods such as freezers, refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dryers, and similar appliances.
The route WILL ONLY BE COVERED ONCE, NO EXCEPTIONS.
The City requests each resident’s cooperation in this project.