CENTRALIA — Centralia City firefighters responded Friday morning to a report of an explosion and a man on fire in the 1900 block of Shook Lane.
Reports indicate that around 9:25 Friday morning, an attempt to install a propane tank at the location resulted in the explosion and that people on scene were attempting to put the fire out on the man. The incident subsequently included the house also catching fire.
All shifts were called to respond to the fire, and a medical helicopter was dispatched to the helipad at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital in Centralia. As firefighters worked the blaze, the State Fire Marshal’s Office was called to respond and Odin Fire Protection District was called for mutual aid with a tanker.
The incident remains active at this time and no other information is available.